Posted on November 29th, 2005 by uruloki
string(31) "Unable to connect to SQL host: "
This is the dev tracking post, so ignore the list if you want.
- Make an IE specific CSS(link) (Cascading Style Sheets) file. I just viewed the site in IE, and damn is it borked. (FWIW, I use PortableFirefox 1.5RC3 at work and Firefox 1.0.7 at home.)
- New borders for About and Calendar boxes. – I know what I want to do (use the boxes from Hogit’s theme), I just need to do it.
- Implement “Blockquote” class so that all my quotes can look nice and pretty.
- Implement buttons for the pages. Options:
- Do something like the buttons at the top of worldofwarcraft.com for the Account, Server Status, etc.
- Use button from Hogit’s theme.
- Add a server status area to the sidebar. – Find RSS feed or something? Frostbolt.com I think has one, but he’s down due to bandwidth issues.
- Improve readability for the site. This includes different font colorings, especially on the sidebar.
- Take the format for the “widget” class and move it to the post title area (part of improved readability) and implement a new widget layout.
- Fix the options page in WP-Admin to reflect my changes to Regulus.
- Package theme for use on other websites.
- Add server status to the sidebar – Use this.
- Custom header (2.5 hours of work, biggest part of project so far)
- Custom footer
- Change background
- Change content background
- Modify “wrapper” div
- Plugins integrated:
- Matt’s Asides
- Fixed link list/blog roll output in sidebar
- Added Gravatars to comments
- Fully implement an Asides category. –
I put the Asides tweaks from Coldforged into part operation. Issues that I have include not being able have a post in categories in addition to “Asides” and not having the damn things show up on the front page. Well, that second one can wait until I create some CSS(link) to properly display them. Progess report: Final fix for this needs to wait until I can get home and log into mySQL to run some code. Almost done!Used the WP Codex to add Asides (Photomatt’s original implemenation). Time: 3hrs
- Integrate images for each author (This is for Naye, and therefore the #1 thing on the list). –
I’ll use this plugin, we’ll see how long it takes me.I used the CSS(link) from here and the WP code from here (modified of course). Total time: 40 min.
- Make it so that if there is an excerpt, it only shows that, else it just uses the content (This one’s for Jayd). – Lots of plugins for this, dunno which one I will use. And the answer is: scriptygoddess to the rescue.